Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Catching Up

My apologies: I haven't blogged in, oh, 10 days or so. I'm not sure where all my time went ... maybe into Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, Christmas concert rehearsals, and addressing Christmas cards? Every year I seem to blink and miss the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

What we've been eating
Topher has been making variations of "cream of (insert vegetable here) soup." A few weeks ago he made a creamy mushroom soup; on a chilly night last week we had grilled cheese sandwiches with Bobby Flay's roasted tomato soup (my favorite so far!); and for dinner with friends this past weekend he made a crème d'asperges (cream of asparagus) soup to go with coq au vin and risotto. Yum!

What we've been drinking
- Buena Vista Ramal Vineyard Syrah (over a bowl of chili, for dinner with friends)
- Shafer Napa Valley Merlot (at Press 626 for Topher's birthday, courtesy of our dear friend Jen)
- lots of green tea (from Yogi and Bigelow) - I haven't cut out coffee entirely, but on two out of three mornings I'm drinking green tea instead. And even if I don't drink it for breakfast, I still usually have 2-3 cups of tea per day; so I guess the green tea experiment has been a success!

What I've been reading
- Wendell Berry's Bringing It to the Table: On Farming and Food
- Marion Nestle's blog "Food Politics"
- "Divided We Eat: What food says about class in America" from Newsweek

Hope you're doing well and enjoying this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment