Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Soups & Stews

After last week's monsoon, the weather in Hampton Roads has turned decidedly cooler, and to celebrate the advent of autumn Topher & I have had a soup or stew every evening for the past five days.

Friday: beef stew with potatoes & carrots (made with a rack of ribs)
Saturday: our friend Meredith's pork stew, served over mashed potatoes and topped with diced Granny Smith apples - yum!
Sunday: Topher's three-bean turkey chili (with leftovers for lunch on Monday)
Monday: our friend Anne Randolph's pumpkin soup (fantastic - savory, not sweet)
Tuesday: French onion soup

I'm not sure yet if we'll be continuing the series tonight, but I've already found a few more recipes I'd like to try:
And here's an old favorite that I'll definitely be making again soon:
If you've got a favorite soup or stew recipe, please share!

Note: The photo above was found here.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do get to try the lentil soup- it was really easy to make, I've frozen almost have of the lentils and am still having some for lunch today. Lots of flavor and leaves me with a good kind of "full."

    ReplyDelete