Friday, May 28, 2010

Veggies for Breakfast

This morning, my friend Heather & I met for breakfast at the delightful D'Egg Diner in downtown Norfolk. I usually don't eat breakfast (I know, I know, "it's the most important meal of the day"), so this morning was a treat. Plus, I've been trying to find ways to eat more veggies for breakfast, and this morning's meal fit the bill perfectly.

What I Ate:
  • a three-egg omelet with spinach, feta, mushrooms, & tomato, with orange juice and coffee
The Scoop:
D'Egg Diner is located at 206 E. Main Street, Norfolk, VA 23510. They're open for breakfast & lunch, 7 days a week, 7am-3pm. You can reach them at (757)626-EGGS.

I recently found another yummy recipe to help incorporate veggies into my breakfast: Eggs Baked with Spinach & Feta in a Tomato Shell from NPR's Kitchen Window. Doesn't it look yummy? I can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment