Sunday, June 6, 2010

Easy Summer Side Dish


I don't know about you, but I spent most of last weekend (Memorial Day weekend) eating--at least, when I wasn't laying by the pool reading. On Saturday, Topher & I went to a dinner party with 6-8 other couples (for which Topher made a delicious cheesecake). On Sunday evening, we enjoyed barbecue at a graduation party. And on Monday afternoon, we grilled bratwursts for our friend Adam's 30th birthday.

I especially like the potluck meals, because everyone brings their favorite dish and I get to taste them all. Last weekend was no exception: I tried a delicious squash casserole, roasted potatoes topped with caramelized onions and a cream sauce, a black bean-corn-red pepper salad, and yummy lemon bars topped with raspberries.

I didn't contribute much to the menus last weekend (except my husband's cheesecake & his brat-grilling expertise), but I think this recipe--Corn Salad with Feta and Walnuts--is a simple & yummy dish to bring to a summer cookout or block party. I tend to skip the jalapeƱos, since I don't care for that much spice. And although it calls for fresh corn cut off the cob, I've made it with frozen or canned corn, and it works just fine. The recipe doesn't say whether it should be served warm, at room temperature, or chilled -- so I've tried all three, and they all seem good to me!

Also, check out my friend Michelle's go-to potluck dish--Red Skinned Potato Salad--on her blog The Daily Ramen.

Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Post a Comment