Monday, July 19, 2010

A Blonde Moment at 456 Fish

Topher and I stayed in Norfolk after work this afternoon to do some shopping, and afterwards we decided to use a gift card that my aunt and uncle gave me for birthday for dinner at 456 Fish, another place that's on my summer "to dine" list.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, knowing that we had a gift card for half the bill. The check came, we gave the waitress the gift card and our credit card, and away she went. She returned to the table less than a minute later and said very apologetically, "I'm sorry, but this gift card is for a different restaurant."

Sure enough, the gift card is for One Fish Two Fish, a nice seafood restaurant in Virginia Beach near my aunt & uncle's house. OOPS! Needless to say, I was mortified, but Topher thought it was hilarious. I think his exact words were, "Baby, you're the smartest dumb blonde I've ever met."

What We Ate:
  • appetizer: fried calamari with plum tomato sauce and basil aioli - the basil aioli was amazing: it tasted like a pesto cream sauce, only not as spicy - yum!
  • Topher's entrée: Pan roasted red snapper over spaghetti squash, topped with herb malted pomme frits and applewood bacon crumbles
  • my entrée: Catch of the Day (red snapper) pan roasted in olive oil, salt & pepper, with sautéed garlic spinach, over coconut risotto (to drink: Lagaria pinot grigio)
The Scoop:
456 Fish is located in downtown Norfolk near Waterside, at 456 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23510. They serve dinner on Sun-R 5-10pm, F-Sat 5-11pm; brunch is served on Sun 11am-3pm. Reservations are available by calling (757)625-4444. Find them on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment