Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Four Days of Summer in February

Ah, summer! The absolute best season of the year, IMHO. I love the sunshine, the warmth, the long days, the fun cocktails, and the joy of wearing flip-flops all the time.

This past winter, only a few weeks after an unusually harsh snowstorm, I was granted a few much-needed days of summer in the middle of February: a four-day trip to Grand Cayman!

This fabulous getaway (courtesy of Topher's company) came at the perfect time, when I'd almost given up hope of ever seeing the sun again. As soon as I heard we'd be going, I began planning snorkeling excursions and picking out sundresses; Topher, of course, began researching restaurants.

Company dinners were scheduled for two of the four nights, but on the other two we ventured into Georgetown, the capital of Grand Cayman. For our first evening out, we were joined by four other couples for dinner at the Bacchus Restaurant & Wine Bar.

What I Ate:
  • amuse-bouche: ahi tuna & cucumber
  • appetizer: conch fritters
  • entree: chicken breast over carrots & zucchini, polenta, & Italian bean ragout
  • for dessert: bites of apple pie, lava cake, & crème brulee - why order my own, when I can sample everyone else's? :)
  • to drink: The Prisoner meritage - we drank their last bottle :)
The Scoop:
Bacchus Restaurant & Wine Bar is located on Fort Street in downtown Georgetown. They're open F-R 10am-1am, F 10am-2am, and Sat 11am-midnight; they're closed on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment