Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Breakfast at the Greenmarket

This past weekend I flew to NYC to visit my dear friend Anne for a couple of days. When I landed on Saturday morning, she was working; so I took advantage of the glorious weather and walked the Brooklyn Bridge.

Afterwards I hopped on the subway and rode up to the Flatiron District to visit the Union Square Greenmarket, a huge outdoor farmers' market ...

... with dozens of stalls for local & regional producers selling everything imaginable - tomatoes, peppers, apples, pears, carrots, turnips, mushrooms, lettuces, herbs, baked good, cheeses, seafood, poultry, meats, fresh flowers -


... all right in the middle of downtown Manhattan! It's so strange to smell such fresh, earthy odors, then to look up and see skyscrapers & high-rise apartment buildings.

For breakfast, I picked up a blueberry banana cinnamon muffin and apple cider from Red Jacket Orchards.

No comments:

Post a Comment