Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bring on the Pumpkin Beverages

Yesterday on my drive to work, the thermometer in my car read 55°F. I could hardly believe it! I like fall, but it's not my favorite season, simply because it means that winter is coming, and I do NOT like winter. But yesterday I decided to celebrate the crispness of the morning with my first Starbucks pumpkin spice latte of the season. I've officially embraced autumn.

That also means that I can start enjoying some of the best brews of the year. There are a few good summer beers (especially Dogfish Head Festina Peche), but fall beers are better by far. And the Washington Post's All We Can Eat blog today reminded me of all the fun pumpkin ales out there.

Some of my personal favorites:

This weekend I'll be digging out my jackets and sweaters - and possibly doing some beer tasting. As Topher would say, Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment